The Biggest winners of the AMVCA2016 are Stephanie Linus and Kemi Lala Akindoju, who won the best overall movie in Africa and trail blazer award respectively.
An addition to winning the most prestigious awards of the night was also a brand new SUV, awesome isn’t it?
Here are 7 things you need to know about the winners:
Kemi Lala Akindoju
1. Kemi was born on the 8th of March, raised in Lagos, and derived her nick ‘Lala” from the popular way of calling Kemis ’Kemolala’
2. She started acting professionally in 2005, in her second year at the university and won Actor of the year at the Future Awards in 2010, got nominated for same award in 2012, won an award for the most promising actress at the AMAA awards in 2015 before winning the trailblazers award.
3. She was the groom’s maid (a combination of Best man and Chief Bride’s maid) to Bestie, UC Ukeje when he got married in 2014, dressed in a suit to the wedding.
4. Kemo’lala loves to chew Garri a lot
5. She is a lover, romantic and emotional. She actually loves flowers a whole lot.
6. She is the CEO of Make it Happen productions, a production outfit she set up. She is also a founding member of Enough is Enough Nigeria, Show some Love Foundation (an NGO which focuses on reaching out to the less privileged), Sleeves Up (an NGO aimed at encouraging youths in Nigeria)
7. She studied Insurance at the University of Lagos, having attended Fountain Primary School, Surulere and the popular and prestigious Queens College, Yaba Lagos.
1. Stephanie was born on the 2nd October, she will be 34 this year.
2. She has seven siblings having been born into a family of 8 children where she is the 6th out of 8
3. Do you know she was a student at the New York Films Academy where she graduated in 2007?
4. The beautiful lady you saw at the Awards ceremony had an accident in 2005 on her way to the AMAAs suffering severe injuries.
5. She was the runner up in the most beautiful girl in Nigeria (MBGN) pegeant in 2002.
6. She is crazy about shoes and has a huge collection; did you catch a glimpse of her shoes to the AMVCA awards?
7. Stephanie okereke has won more than 7 awards and received several nominations based on her acting prowess
Congratulations once again to the big winners.
Some interesting contents