In any case of divorce, the initial or first step is getting a lawyer who can competently stand for you in any area needed before the court or whosoever. Amidst these facts of there being a large number of practicing lawyers in Lagos, it should be also noted that not all of these lawyers are capable of handling divorce cases. So, there is a need to know specifically those who are specialized in this field so as to always get the maximum result for your money and time.
The divorce process in Nigeria is a long and rigorous procedure which requires patience and time, going through this you need to have a lawyer who possesses the need characteristics and experience and there are only a few of them in Lagos which I will be discussing in details
Making the decision of divorcing your spouse sometimes doesn’t come easy. So, taking a deep thought and meditating on the negative and positive effects it would have on you and the children (if any is involved). Family law matters are often complex and are usually handled during periods of high stress and emotion. It can be difficult to make life-impacting decisions under such circumstances.
Questions may arise as you consider this option, questions such as:
- How do I fight for sole custody of my children?
- What should be included in a prenuptial agreement?
- How do I protect my interests in divorce proceedings?
- 1 To put you through this, I have compiled a list of best-practicing divorce lawyers and best chambers in Lagos
- 2 Divorce Process
- 3 Divorce Papers
To put you through this, I have compiled a list of best-practicing divorce lawyers and best chambers in Lagos
Their Family law department has expertise in all aspects of Family Law, which includes matrimonial causes; trust administration; administration of estate among others.
Their lawyers appreciate the fact that family issues could be emotional because the issue of personal concerns and infants are being discussed. They provide a sympathetic and practical environment in which their client can discuss the problems facing them and how they can help them obtain the best result for themselves and children.
Specific Family Law Areas they specialize in:
- Matrimonial causes which include divorce, legal separation and annulment of marriage
- Trust Administration, Gifts and Will
- Divorce settlement in Nigeria, Alimony, Maintenance, and custody of a child,
- Administration of Estate
- Pre-nuptial agreement
- Litigation in Estates Our Services:
- Drafting of Wills.
- Drafting and reviewing of a deed of gift.
- Advising and drafting of pre-nuptial agreements
- Instituting and defending divorce’s action and settlement of matrimonial assets or property
- Administration of Estates, which includes Estate Planning, processing of Probate’s grant and Letter of Administration.
Head Office: Alphon House, N0 50/52, Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Ikoyi Office: 2nd Floor, Maku House, N0 109, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria.
WhatsApp | Telegram: +2348099223322
Mobile: +234 8099223322
+234 1 4536833
DALP (Debo Akande LLP) is a leading commercial law firm in Nigeria known for providing cutting-edge legal solutions to the specific needs of their clients. they have developed extensive competence and vast capacity in their practice areas. they leverage their multidisciplinary competencies and broad-based knowledge in offering professional services to facilitate the development of clients’ interests.
Family & Matrimonial Matters
Their goal is to reach a prompt settlement with a minimum amount of emotional stress, which may span from issues relating to Divorce Proceedings, Child Custody, Separation Agreements, Child Maintenance, Injunctions, Sharing of properties and domestic violence.
You can rely on them to adopt an open but friendly approach to resolving your difficulties and goal will always be pegged on achieving the best possible outcome for you quickly and within a minimum reasonable cost. they promote Agreement and Negotiation rather than confrontation, which is rather lengthy and exhausting.
Address: 51, Raymond Njoku Street, Off Awolowo, Ikoyi, Lagos
Hours: Opens 9AM Mon
Phone: 0806 906 2634
TAYO OYETIBO LP is a leading Law Firm in Nigeria with a strong reputation for competence and integrity in service delivery.
They are known for the strength of their work in the area of dispute resolution and the quality of their advice on commercial matters. In advising and representing clients they combine their best and deep specialist knowledge of Nigerian law and practice with an understanding of the clients’ industry sectors to render effective and useful legal services.
About Tayo Oyetibo LP (TOLP)
TAYO OYETIBO LP (TOLP) is a leading multi-service Law Firm in Nigeria with a strong reputation for integrity in service delivery. They are a Limited Partnership registered under the Laws of Lagos State. Their practice is driven and bound by their core values of Diligence, Integrity, Proficiency and Professional etiquette, which uncompromisingly shape all their relationships with clients, courts, colleagues and regulatory agencies.
Their vision is to be the most influential Firm making the most positive impact on the lives and businesses of clients. In advising and representing clients, relying on their invaluable experience and knowledge of the complex Nigerian business and legal landscape, which gives them a unique appreciation of and approach to matters and shapes the manner in which they deal with client’s challenges.
TOLP is the exclusive member of ‘PraeLegal’ in Nigeria, a global Network of independent Law Firms with membership in over 120 countries spanning five continents of Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America. Their exclusive membership of ‘PraeLegal’ gives them the unique advantage of being able to effectively deal with cross border matters using the contacts afforded by the ‘PraeLegal’ Network, in providing Clients with a seamless blend of local and international expertise.
The Firm is also registered with the Lagos Court of Arbitration and Nigerian-Belgian Chamber of Commerce as a corporate member.
TOLP’s (Tayo Oyetibo LP) practice covers the representation of clients in commercial, civil and criminal disputes and advising on transactional and corporate matters. They work with a non-rigid practice group structure, in which lawyers are not necessarily restricted to one practice area and they encourage their lawyers to take on a variety of work and build capacity across their practice areas.
Their practice groups are the:
- Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Commercial Law Practice Group
- Regulatory Compliance and Business Advisory Practice Group
- Legislative and Media Practice Group
- Energy, Technology and Infrastructure Practice Group
Office: FAITH HOUSE – Plot 6, Block 113 Lekki-Epe Expressway, U-turn at 3rd roundabout, Entrance by “The Telecoms mast” Lekki Phase 1, Lagos | P.O. Box 60244 Ikoyi Lagos.
Tel: (+234) (1)2954690, 2954691, 09053333393
Greychapel Legal is an ambitious law firm that renders first-class legal advisory services driven by integrity and a passion for ensuring that commercially savvy, proactive and result-oriented lawyers are accessible to their clients round the clock. Having had over the years’ experience, acquired cognate expertise in providing pragmatic advice to various clients on corporate, commercial, Family and finance related issues.
The Firm commenced operations in March 2015 and is run as a partnership consisting of 2 (Two) experienced partners, and several fee earners with its head office strategically located in Lekki Phase 1, within proximity to the heart of Lagos commercial capital, and the courts of the Lagos Division.
Their lawyers have over the years developed good working relationships with governmental regulatory bodies/ agencies such as the Corporate Affairs Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission amongst others. They are also licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission to advise on capital market transactions.
Their services are affordable Whilst they recognize that affordability is relative, they are indeed affordable as their charges are nothing compared to the value that they bring.
Their mission is to build a reputable firm where exceptional legal practitioners are groomed into the finest in the industry, driven by integrity and a passion to assist clients to succeed in their diverse business endeavour.
While their vision is to be the choice law firm in Africa with a reputation for providing bespoke quality legal advisory services to budding business and established organizations ultimately giving them the much-needed competitive edge.
Address: 17b Emmanuel Abimbola, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Hours: Opens ⋅ Closed 8:30AM -4:00PM
Phone: 0815 291 4717
They are a commercial law firm with particular interests in providing efficient and affordable legal solutions to individuals and businesses.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law Matters relating to marriages under the Marriage Act/Matrimonial Causes Act, child custody, child rights, adoption matters, drafting of wills etc.
- Immigration processing relevant visas, business permits and other permits and licenses required in the country and also we assist to employ expatriates.
- Real Estates Advice on private sales; Negotiation and drafting of letters of intent, contracts of sale and conveyancing documents;
- Commercial Litigation We represent clients in court/arbitration proceedings in relation to disputes arising from commercial/business transactions.
- Capital Market We advise and represent clients during public offers, private placements, listing and delisting of securities on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, etc.
- Commercial & Corporate Law Drafting and reviewing of commercial agreements which arise in the ordinary course of business.
They aim at providing world class and innovative legal solutions to clients through commitment, hard work, excellence and continuous training of their people.
Office: CHIDOZIE UZOWULU & ASSOCIATES Suite 86 Dolphin Plaza, Corporation Drive, Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos.
Telephone: +234 1 2919495, +234 1 6323973
Mobile: +234 809 870 5666
There you have it, List of top divorce lawyers in Lagos or chambers in Lagos which can handle your divorce case competently and effectively with proven years of experience and expertise which they bring to the table. These lawyers or chambers have been reviewed both on google, Vconnect, Nairaland and lots of other trusted platform with clients who have experienced or paid for their services recommending them, which gives you an extra assurance of getting a first-hand lawyer to handle your case.
Whichever lawyer or whoever you end up consulting, he/she will be involved in putting through some process and helping you get some paper works done.
Your lawyer shall be involved putting you through these:
On no occasion shall any divorce process be carried out without the application of the petition section 54(1) MCA. So, it will commence by petition section 54(1) MCA. The petitioner or the party filing for the divorce begins or initiates matrimonial proceedings by a “petition” as stated above.
And this shall be the content of the petition:
- Petition or suit number.
- Parties and status.
- Full names, occupation and address of each of the party to the proceeding. Name of the wife immediately before marriage.
- Particulars of the marriage.
- Particulars of birth of the parties to the marriage.
- Particulars relating to domicile or residents of the marriage in Nigeria.
- Particulars of cohabitation of the parties to the marriage and its ceasing.
- Particulars of children of the parties to the marriage and the children of either party to the marriage.
- Particulars of previous proceedings between the parties to the marriage, if applicable
- Facts relied upon but not evidence by which the facts are to be proved. Facts to support the ground.
- Condonation, connivance and collusion.
- Proposed arrangement for children.
- Maintenance and settlement of property.
- Reliefs being sought
- Address for service on Respondent.
While a case has been established and processing has begun, there will be required papers or document which will be required by the court and your lawyer is tasked with getting these papers ready.
- Notice of petition.
- Petition for the dissolution of marriage.
- Verifying affidavit.
- Certificate relating to reconciliation signed by the legal practitioner.
- Acknowledgement of service.
Have a sweet case ride whilst you tour with the Lagos divorce lawyers as you go through the various process and proceedings together. But have this at the back of your mind that quality service comes with quality payment. So, when you require their best or these best lawyers which Lagos has to offer, you should be ready to pay the price or will I say pay their price.