It is no longer news that the Nigerian Entertainment conference which held on the 20th April 2016 has come and gone. Big wigs in the entertainment industry, celebrities, popular actors and musicians graced the occasion and the panel sessions were outstanding. It really triggered the minds of heavyweights and who is who in the Nigerian entertainment landscape.
For me though, the highlights of the event came from the various lines and quotes from the speakers and moderators at the conference. I have therefore garnered 10 key quotes from the conference.
1. Mr Ayeni Adekunle, Chairman NEC on ‘Restructuring the Entertainment Industry as Last Hope: We need to start looking at the non oil sector, if the oil sector is failing us as a Nation.’
2. Chika Atoh, Veteran Broadcaster: ‘Collaboration is really key, collaborate horizontally.’
3. Funke Akindele on Economy of Talents: ‘As an entertainer, build a structure for yourself. Get an office.’
4. Dbanj speaking on ‘Content being The New Crude – “In the creative sector, Publishing rights is like ‘pension’ plan for content creators to benefit from long term.”
5. Olatunde Falase on the Era of Global Business and Disruptive Models: ‘The era of being good is dying out. You have got to hit greatness and hit beyond greatness, you have to be outstanding.’
6. BankyW on Content Marketing: The power of music, Comedy, and More: Talent is overrated, In creating content, it is all about being YOUnique!
7. Bovi on the proposed MOBBICON bill: “The proposed MOPICCON bill is not useful in the whole of its entirety. Nigeria does not need it”
8. Managing Director, Multichoice Nigeria, John Ugbe on Intervention strategies: ‘First they will ask you why you did it, then they will ask how you did it!’
9. Dbanj on Content being the new crude: ‘Publishing is the new way to have a pension plan as an artiste.’
10. BankyW on Content Marketing: ‘Think GLOcal…You need to think globally but start locally.’
See highlights of the event from deedees’ lens after the cut:
Some interesting contents