No Bra Day 2018 – Just before you completely go nude all because of “No Use of Bra Day”.
1. It is an awareness for Breast Cancer!
2. Symptoms of breast cancer include a change in breast size or shape, pain in a breast and nipple discharge other than breast milk (including blood).
3. Research shows that the risk of breast cancer in women is increased by 7%-10% per one drink of alcohol consumed per day on average.
4. If there is a history of breast cancer in a family, this increases the risk for a woman (or man) by a factor of two or three.
5. To be more specific, the risk of breast cancer is nearly doubled if a person’s mother, sister, daughter or any other first-degree relative has been diagnosed.
6. Gender (as a woman) or and age (being older) are considered the most significant risk factors for breast cancer.
7. According to the WHO, the only effective screening method for breast cancer is a mammogram. A man’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 1,000.
8. A blood test is currently being developed by scientists that could potentially find and observe breast cancer, as cited in a new study.
9. The risk of getting breast cancer is 1.5 times higher in overweight women and about 2 times in obese women than their leaner counterparts.
10. Women who exercise regularly have a 10%-25% lower risk of breast cancer compared to women who are inactive.
11. People mistakenly label the following as causes of breast cancer: abortions, hair dyes, and prophylactic surgery. that is surgeries done to prevent diseases.
12. Yearly mammograms are recommended for all women beginning at age 40.
13. 8 out of 10 breast lumps are discovered by women themselves. This is why breast exams should not be underestimated.
14. Breast cancer survivors are at increased risk of osteoporosis.
15. Less than 1% of breast cancers happen in men.
No bra day’s aim is to raise awareness and encourage women to carry out self-examination, screenings and make sure they know the signs of breast cancer. Women who don’t want to go braless are also encouraged to take part, by wearing something purple for the day. No bra day doesn’t mean you should show your boobs to the world, it is a fight against Breast Cancer!
Writer - Blographer Mide Kola Olamide Kola is Writer, Realist and Database Administrator. He loves to write love and counsel people on relationships. You can reach Kola on WhatsApp +2348039670675 and Twitter @MarchHeroMedia