Bhai Dooj messages – Also known to bear various names like Bhai Phota, Bhau Beej, Bhai Teeka. The festival shares same similarities with Raksha Bandhan – the celebration of love between a sister and brother.
Avery popular Hindu festival celebrated two days after the Diwali festival is a festival where women pray for long life and prosperity for their brothers.
- 1 When will Bhai Dooj 2017 be celebrated?
- 2 How is the Bhai Dooj festival celebrated?
- 3 History of Bhai Dooj
- 4 Happy Bhai dooj messages
When will Bhai Dooj 2017 be celebrated?
Bhai Dooj will be celebrated on Saturday, October 21.
How is the Bhai Dooj festival celebrated?
On the day of the Bhai Dooj festival, women will invite their brothers to their houses and apply tilak’ or ‘teeka’ on their their heads. This will be followed by prayers for sustainability, good health and prosperity. This is also followed by the brothers presenting beautiful gifts to their sisters.
History of Bhai Dooj
There are different stories surrounding the myth of the Bhai Dooj. It was said in certain quarters that Yamraj, the God of Death, paid a visit to his sister, Yami on this day. Yami welcomed him with an aarti, (which is light from wicks soaked in purified butter or camphor) and applied tilak on the forehead of Yamraf, proceeded to give him sweets. In return for the show of love and concern, Yamraf presented his sister with various gifts to display his love, care and affection to her. Pushed by the display of love and affection by his sister, Yamrak declared that if a brother receives aarti or tilak from his sister. The brother should never be afraid of death.
Another story is the myth that Lord Krishna’s sister Subhadra had welcomed him with an aarti, tilak, sweets and flowers after he killed Narakasur, the demon king.
Happy Bhai dooj messages
Looking for Happy Bhai dooj messages, bhai dooj status in hindi, bhai dooj shayari, bhai dooj quotes hindi, bhai dooj messages hindi, bhai dooj quotes for brother, bhai dooj poems hindi, quotes on bhaiya all translated to English, then you can check down below:
1. My best friend who stood by me in tough and difficult times. I am indeed happy and grateful for having you as an amazing brother. Thanks for being super supportive and strong for me.Happy Bhai dooj to you.
2. You should always know this that I am here for you so you can share what you feel with me. Your pain, sadness fears, and happiness are all yours to share with me. And I promise to be as understanding as every. Happy Bhai Dooj to you brother. Stay safe, always.
3. I look up to you, respect and admire you so much. You are a different brother. You are someone who puts the needs of others before his own. I wish you lots of love and enjoyment on this amazing day. Happy Bhai Dooj to you.
4. I pray for everlasting happiness for you. I pray that you live a successful and prosperous life. No evil will ever befall you. You will live and be celebrated by all of us this day and forever. Happy BhaiDooj to you.
5. I hope that through this special Bhai Dooj day, our bond is forever strengthened. I pray that you live in good health and prosperity. Success will always be yours in all of your endeavours. Happy Bhai dooj day to you.
6. You always look out for me. You are not only a brother but a best friend as well. As we celebrate the Bhai Dooj, I pray for fulfilment in all ramifications for you. Stay shining brother, it is well with you. Happy Bhai Dooj to you.