Relationship counseling for singles: Are you tired of your single life and wish you can improve on it? Have you been searching for means to make your relationship life better and yet can’t find? Don’t worry, you are in the right place. We will mention several principles and steps to follow in other to enjoy your singleness.
Probably, you are single by intention or you have been finding it difficult to get one lucky guy or girl. It may be that you are divorced; this is another chance for you to find true love once again. There are many reasons why singles apply for singles’ relationship therapy, probably to learn how to be intimate with their partners or to correct some effect of their family misappropriations on them that are now causing them problems to cope well in a relationship.
Once you begin to understand the emotional factors that affect your relationship and determine what satisfies you about your current life situation will decide how you want to improve your relationship experience.
There are many reasons why singles choose to go for relationship counseling. Some of the reasons could be that they are not experienced about a relationship and may like to acquire some skills before they enter into any, some of them may like to understand the relationship better after a breakup in order to avoid future conflict.
Whichever reason that pushes you to search for a relationship counselor really matters to you and we are ready to treat the topic well for you.
After Breakup Consultation: Singles may be confused after a breakup, therefore, will need the attention of a therapist to figure out what exactly may have caused it and then find a lasting solution for against a future re-occurrence. During this period, possibly one of the partners suffers it the most, therefore, will need serious attention by a comforter—the counselor. A counselor is an expert who is well endowed in communication skills and has powerful motivational and therapy words and exercises to calm his client at the time of difficulties and agony. This is the reason why relationship counseling in this aspect is very important and can go a long way making things better for the singles. This kind of therapy will restore the victim’s self-esteem whether the breakup is new or has been a while.
To Identify Wrong Lovers: The pattern of your relationship with previous people in the past could have been the reason why it is not working. If you enroll in relationship counseling, there are 100 percent tendencies that a counselor will guide you on things to do and things to avoid so that the same trend in your relationship will not repeat itself. Sometimes, the problem of your relationship could be rooted in your family history and how it influences your way of life. it is now the right time for you to live your own life. You need to control your life rather than depending on what your family wants you to do.
You need to know yourself: Most of the singles don’t even know themselves, how will they be able to cope successfully in a relationship? If you are finding it difficult to know yourself, a therapist is an expert that can help you from that angle. A counselor will help you to begin to develop a good relationship with yourself—self-love and confidence. Through this counseling, you will learn how to be honest with yourself. Once you begin to be aware of yourself, you will find it easy to be kind to someone else. Ask yourself, what you are in peace with and what you are in conflict about. This will guide you on how to decisions and choices without returning to the previous state of mind. There must be maturity in all your decisions since it will be assumed that you know what you are doing.
Questions to ask Singles while counseling them
Normally, singles are asked a series of questions to sharpen their imaginary capacity and to help them become selves aware or understand the motif of their relationship so that they can avoid unnecessary setbacks in the future. I have prepared some questions to ask them here:
- What is your HIV/AIDS Status’ and what is it?
- Do you have a sexually transmitted disease?
- How do you see sex fun or intimacy?
- Are you really interested in a relationship?
- Do you have any record of criminology?
- What is the physical aspect of a man that attracts you the most?
- Are you looking for a relationship or just friendship and why?
- What do you want to get out of the relationship?
- Will you be able to cope with your new partner in a specific way if you have?
- What are your expectations about marriage?
The above questions are just samples of hundreds of thousands of questions that can be pushed to singles before going into a relationship. It should be that singles have understood what relationship means and what it requires to be a successful one.
Sample Questions asked before Falling in Love
Don’t quickly fall in love; there are some questions you need to ask before you give your heart to somebody in a relationship. Here are some of them:
- Are you really serious about this relationship?
- Where do you want this relationship to lead to?
- If I eventually give my heart to him, does he really deserve me?
- How do we define this relationship?
- Hope my job will not be a hindrance to our relationship?
- What do you think we can do to make us better partners?
- Do you like an outing or you hate or dislike it?
- Does he deserve my love at all?
- What exactly do I need in a man or a woman?
- Hope he is truthful to things he says or he just wants to use and dump me?
Importance of Relationship counseling for singles
The Importance of Relationship counseling for singles is not more than the importance of counseling in general, except in some cases that will involve only singles. I shall mention the importance of relationship counseling for singles for you to learn and apply:
- It can help you define your feelings for each other about your relationship: relationship counseling for singles, will help them with the ability to take good responsibility of their decisions, they will know how to handle conflicts in a relationship when they arise. Remember, there is no one relationship is not challenging too, but you need skills and principles to make things work well and one of the ways to achieve this, is find a therapist that will coach and train you on how to handle a relationship to resolve issues when you get married.
- It can help detect relationship obstacles before they manifest: when you are counseled by a professional counselor, you will get to discover shocking facts about relationships and how to manage them in order not to face it as a challenge anytime you enter into any relationship. This method is very important as it helps to detect problems from the earliest stages of relationships.
- It helps to enhance intimacy and connections: even though you are single, from your exposure to relationship counseling, you will learn how to develop intimacy and connection with your spouse. Perhaps, you don’t talk about things that bother you to your partner before the breakup, after guidance and counseling; you will realize your mistake and then be careful not to repeat same in your next relationship if you decide to give it another try. The counselor will let you know that relationship is all about effective communication. You must communicate your wants, needs, and expectations. You must deliberate on matters in the most appropriate manner under long hours.
- It leads to personal development and self-awareness: perhaps, you are that type that cares less about yourself. You don’t check deeply into yourself to understand who you are. If that is your case, note that it will be difficult for you to develop mentally and in fact physically. You need to know what is good for you so that such knowledge will influence your decision making. This is exactly what counseling does. It helps you to shape your personality. Now, you will be mature enough to take mind-blowing decisions about your relationship and they will work for you if applied well because the principles are suggested by a professional counselor.
When should singles go for relationship counseling?
If you are struggling from any of these problems listed below, know that it is time as a single to go for a relationship therapy or counseling.
- You have been finding all your relationships very difficult.
- You repeated the same mistakes of the old for choosing wrong partners.
- You face lots of frustrations finding yourself in the similar relationships that end with pains.
- It takes you a long time to heal from a breakup.
- Your relationship is always filled with distance, no intimacy but constant conflicts.
- You have always attracted people that are not ready for a serious relationship.
- Your emotional and physical needs are not always being met in all your relationships.
- You are still not happy in a relationship even though a partner is always there for you.
- You are often in doubt if you can ever have a healthy relationship with any partner.
The Mechanism of Relationship Counseling
If you are suffering from relationship pains, crisis or conflict and you seek for a solution, what relationship counseling does, is to first attack those pains, conflict with professional principles in order to bring relief to your heart. You will be given therapy to make your emotional balance. Your life problems will be addressed. Sometimes, you may not face any life challenge or crisis in your relationship but have decided to take some principled steps to handle issues such as loneliness, toxic relationship, anxiety and low self-esteem for you to lead a better and healthier life.
Relationship counseling will take good care of those aspects of your life in the best manner. No matter how complex your problem is, it will be divided into smaller pieces and then destroyed forever. One other amazing fact about relationship therapy is that it can help you listen to yourself and find a solution to your problems; therefore, helping you to take more accurate decisions.
Relationship counseling will go as long as deep into your relationship history to figure out the possible reasons why your relationship has not been working and then find a solution for you. Many people all over the world give testimony of how therapy has helped them get better into a relationship. If given good therapy, you will discover your emotional potential, how you should conduct your relationship in order to get a good result. Perhaps, in your previous relationship, anger and impatience were the problems; relationship counseling will advise that you should be mindful of how you display your anger or show impatience. You must love yourself so as to choose the best choice for you when it comes to a relationship. People with low self-esteem cannot cope in any relationship, what this therapy does, is to build their personality so that they will develop the courage to stay peacefully in any relationship.
If you look back, you will realize that we all have been shaped into a better person by our past experience; this is what I called the effect of self-relationship therapy. I believe that there are some humans who are naturally gifted at observing their own selves and then understand where they are wrong. This signifies that, therapy, whether self or professional helps to shape our relationship into a good phenomenon. It helps us find a better reason to fall in love and then handle the relationship matter as it should be done. Once you understand the experiences that brought you pains, it is better to avoid them and then learn from those ones that worked and also improve on them.
Through this information above, a single should to some extent, learn how to participate in a healthy relationship. He or she should learn the dos and don’ts of any relationship they find themselves.