Short Christmas Prayers – As we move towards the holiday season, there is the need to be thankful and grateful to God for making us see another Christmas. Short Christmas prayers will go a long way in achieving this. Away from the razzmatazz that comes with the Christmas season is an opportunity for you to thank God for another amazing year.
Why not celebrate the birth of Jesus with family and friends through your short Christmas prayers.
20 Short Christmas prayers for family
1. Dear God, as Christmas is fast upon us, don’t let us be found missing amongst family and friends. Help us to live within your commandments and make our celebration be in your name. We thank you for another year and we pray that you send the Holy spirit to be with us and guide us through the season. Thank you for everything.
2. Thank you Lord for sending your only son to save us from our sins. When I look at all that you have done for me and for my family, I open my mouth in praises and adoration of your holy name. You are indeed a great God. The love you have for me is one I can’t truly get elsewhere. I know I am lost to never be found without you. You have done amazing things for me and for this I give you all the praise, honour and adoration. You are a great God. I declare you the King of kings in my home and the almighty God who loves us the way we are. Thank you for another wonderful Christmas. may your name be praised forever. Amen.
3. Thank you oh God for making your son die for our sins. Thank you for giving us the perfect opportunity to live with you and in you again. Thank for making us see that there is amazing life with you even after death. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to celebrate Jesus Christ. Thank you for everything oh God. You are a great God.
4. You gave us amazing grace through the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. You have given us redemption and happiness and you have made it possible for us to continue to live with you and in you. We believe in you totally oh God. Thank you for everything. We have so many reasons to be thankful, from the beginning of the year till now, you have always supported and protected us. Even when we go astray from you, you loving God always bring us back home. Thank you for redeeming us from our sins. May your name be praised forever.
5. You made it possible for us to see the morning, noon and night. You made a way for us and you allowed us see the shining sun so bright. You gave us water to drink, air to breathe and food to eat. We appreciate you for the greatness of all your creation. Thank you God for another Christmas. May your name be praised forever. Amen.
Further reading: Christmas Love Messages
6. Thank you king of glory for always supporting me and my family and never giving up on us. Thank you for always making us remember your words and putting us within your protection so that we will not get lost. Thank you for everything.
7. Although we may be filled with so much imperfections. Although we may be imperfect and filled with loads of sins. Please God forgive us and bring us to your safe place this Christmas. Let us all have an everyday reason to be thankful to you for life’s beautiful gift. Amen.
8. We pray for those members of the family who may be dealing with one issue or the other. We pray that the hands of the Lord will touch and never depart from them. We pray for those who are going through immense sadness and depression at this time that God will give them happiness to overcome all form of bad feelings. Amen.
9. We pray today that you give us peace and contentment in our homes and community. We pray oh God that you give us the grace to live in you in this world filled with so much atrocities and spinning already out of control. Help us to keep our focus on you and be with us every day of our lives. Amen.
10. We thank you oh God for the Lord you have shown to us. We give you all praises for your goodness and mercies in our lives. We pray that you give us the strength to see the end of 2017, the new year and many more years ahead. Thank you king of glory for everything. May your name be praised forever. Amen.
Further reading: Inspirational Christmas messages
11. Heavenly father, sometimes I lose myself in the frenzy of the Christmas celebration and I tend to forget the whole essence of Christmas. Today I am going to look at you from the spiritual eyes that you have given me and celebrate this wonderful day in spirit and in truth. Grant me good health to celebrate the birth of your son according to your will. Amen.
12. My father and my God, grant us the grace to re-focus our lives on you. Give us the best gift in this Christmas season. Fill our lives with happiness and make us content within what you have given us. Make our heart receive your holy word and help us with gentle reminders of the real essence of the birth of Jesus Christ. Amen.
13. Please God, do not ever leave us this season and in many more seasons to come. Let your presence be available in our lives and in everything we do. Keep our eyes and ears wide open and bless us in ways that we can never imagine. Bring us the peace that comes with living in you and make us as excited as ever for this new Christmas season. You are worthy to be praised Lord. Thank you for everything.
14. Even when we were broken, you were always there to help us through the state to bring us to happiness in you. As we celebrate the birth of your son today. May your protection be upon us everyday of our lives. Amen.
15. We will sing unto you the joyful song. We will praise your name because you are good and your mercies endures forever. Thank you for asking us see another Christmas. May your name be praised forever. Amen.
Further reading: Merry Christmas messages
16. He has done great and marvelous things for us and we will sing of his name forever. Thank you God for giving us another privilege to see Christmas 2017. Your names will never depart from our mouth. Amen.
17. Today oh Lord, I celebrate the peace that has come into the world through the birth of your son Jesus Christ. Today, I celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord. Today I open my eyes and lift up my voice in praises to your amazing name for giving us life through birth and death. Today, I worship the king of glory for all that you have done. Today I thank you for everything.
18. Thank you dear God for your entrance into the earth for the redemption of my soul. Thank you for lifting me from the shackles of sin and liberating me into new life. Thank you for taking me out of my iniquities and making me a new me yet again. Thank you for your love and kindness. Thank you for everything.
19. All glory must be to you dear God for the gift of life of seeing another Christmas holiday season. May your name be adored forever.
20. You love me in such a way that I can’t still understand. You care me for and I don’t even know what to say. You are such a great God and your mercies endureth forever. Thank you for making me see another Christmas. Thank you Lord for everything!